We are able to welcome all stairlift and home lift enquiries.
When visiting your home, we will of course observe the necessary social distancing guidance and wear appropriate PPE where required. We are also able to provide contact-free sales assessments. If you are shielding or prefer us not to visit, it may be possible for us to complete a full assessment for your stairlift without having to visit you. Please ask us for details.
For customers already with a stairlift, we are following government COVID-19 secure guidance along with guidance from our trade associations, the BHTA and LEIA, with regard to routine maintenance visits:
- Work carried out in people’s homes – for example by tradespeople carrying out repairs and maintenance, cleaners, or those providing paid-for childcare in a child’s home – can continue, provided that the worker has no coronavirus symptoms. Again, it will be important to ensure that government guidelines are followed to ensure everyone’s safety. These include practising excellent hand and respiratory hygiene and maintaining a two-metre distance from household occupants as far as possible.
- No work should be carried out in any household which is isolating because one or more family members has symptoms or where an individual has been advised to shield – unless it is to remedy a direct risk to the safety of the household, such as emergency plumbing or repairs, or to provide emergency childcare in a child’s home if a young child would be left unattended and where the worker is willing to do so. In such cases, Public Health England can provide advice to those working in other people’s houses and households.
- No work should be carried out by a tradesperson, cleaner or nanny who has coronavirus symptoms, however mild, or where someone in their household has symptoms.
When we schedule each appointment, we will check with you if you are happy for us to visit or would prefer us to postpone. Regular maintenance is key to ensuring minimal breakdowns which could then occur at a more difficult time, for example when someone is self-isolating.
Of course, we will continue to respond to call-outs for breakdown and repair.
Our absolute priority is the continued health and safety of our customers and our employees and upholding government directions.
We are taking extensive measures to protect both our customers and our employees, including rigorous risk assessments and following COVID-secure protocols for customer visits.
- all our customer facing staff have to confirm their health status daily
- if we are coming to see you at home, before we visit we will ask you if you or anyone in your home is self-isolating due to symptoms of the virus. We will also ensure you and your family are happy with measures we are taking to minimise risk before arranging to come to your home.
At the visit we will:
- wear gloves and masks where necessary
- wash or sanitise our hands before entry and after exit
- maintain a distance of 2m from you and ask you to remain in a separate room while we are measuring or installing
- minimise anything that we touch in your home or business
- minimise the amount of time we spend in your home
- take any other precautions we consider necessary
In our 150 years we have weathered many storms but Coronavirus is proving an unprecedented challenge for us all. We will continue to monitor developments daily and amend our working practices to take account of the latest advice. We recognise the vital assistance our products offer and so please be assured that we will continue to balance the need to support you, our customers, with the need to protect our staff and observe government instructions.
To read more about how we are continuing to support our domestic customers during this crisis, please visit the Stannah.co.uk blog: www.stannah.co.uk/blog/
For information on support for our retail, residential and other commercial customers please follow this link.
Last updated: 3/11/2020